Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Decor

What is Christmas without some decorations to adorn the home? Thursday, the siblings and I met at Captain Tom aka The Boat for some delicious oysters, gumbo, and micheladas before we tackled this project. Well worth the forty dollars I must say :-)


After dinner, we headed back to mom's house to finally put up the Christmas tree. As the Seahawks tore into the Eagles in the background, Homer climbed into the attic and brought down all of our decorations. Thank you cards have yet to be mailed out so I decided to start at least making a list of individuals while Homer and Lucy began on assembling the tree. 




















Lucy and Tequila
It was so nice to see the Christmas tree being put up. Something about the holiday spirit that just seems to automatically warm my heart. We decided to stay with the traditional colors of red and gold with a splash of purple thrown in for mom. I did not recognize Homer's choosing of the purple but it all makes sense to me now. Her favorite color was purple.

Adding the purple <3



















Clearly we were goofing around after the tree was assembled by posing in front of it. LOL yes, Homer and I "tebowed" in front of the tree. I find it hilarious that I am wearing my Texans attire while I am "tebowing" :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment