Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The End of 2011

Another year is almost out the door. It seems like just yesterday, we were preparing for 2011 to begin. So much has happened this year...I believe every day is a chance to start fresh but with a new year on the horizon, it seems to fit more. Time for resolutions to be made and for new beginnings to take place. In my case, I want the blessings to continue on into 2012. 

Christmas came and passed. I made the mistake of not taking pictures of the siblings and I hanging out and opening presents. I vow to not make that mistake again next year. Next year, we will be at my mom's house so I am excited to fully decorate an entire house along with delicious aromas from various recipes filling our home. A house you ask? Our lease is up in April so Artie and I will be moving into mom's house then. We came to the conclusion that there is no sense in paying both rent and a mortgage on a house. It is just a temporary situation until we figure out what school Artie gets accepted to or what our future holds. An added bonus is that it will help us save for the future as well. 

Artie and I did manage to take a "family" Christmas photo though. <3

Christmas 2011

Artie's birthday happens to fall on December 26. Yes, I know?!? Horrible but I personally want to always make it a point to separate Christmas and his birthday. I wanted to make it a "man" day so I thought a day of rock climbing and steaks for dinner would be ideal. We went to Texas Rock Gym first. It was AWESOME!!! I totally had a freak out moment during my initial climb. I was just past the midpoint and I started getting very nervous. The instructor told me it was all a mental game and to not let my mind win. Artie was so amazing!! He has always been a great support system and pushes me to be a better person. He did not let me come down rather encouraged me to keep climbing. Needless to say, I REACHED THE TOP!!! 


Bouldering the smallest wall


Artie tackling a very high wall 
Bouldering the small wall

Making the small climb



For dinner, I wanted to try one of Houston's finest steak houses so I decided to treat my honey to Taste of Texas and it was beyond amazing!!! Everything exceeded our expectations!! From the knowledgeable waitstaff to the most delicious food ever!! We got a chance to go back into the butcher shop and choose our steaks. Artie went with a T-bone steak and I ordered a 6 oz center cut filet. 

Can you tell I am ready to devour?! lol
 Because it was a special occasion, the waiter took our picture and printed us a copy hence the bad resolution on this one but it was still a nice memento of our special night. 

Birthday dinner 2011



Now for Artie's birthday present. On his bucket list, he had mentioned that going to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert is a must. Luckily for me, they are touring in 2012 and Houston is a destination!!! I was ecstatic!! ESPECIALLY when tickets went on sale and he forgot to purchase tickets. He was so bummed but we agreed we would see if we could still make it. Sneakingly I bought us tickets.

Cross it off the list baby!!! 

To make it a bit more suspenseful, on his birthday card, I wrote out his birthday message using nothing but title songs written in another color. He was so puzzled. I concluded the message with "P.S. Can you guess what your birthday present is?" He read and reread the card numerous times. Finally, it seemed like a lightbulb went off and I wish I had been recording him as he realized what his gift was. It was so rewarding to see his expression become so excited. Priceless, I tell you!! 


Our little family <3
In other news, little Chauncy had his second puppy appointment and he has gained 2 pounds!! I thought he was the same size but when we bought him a new sweater, his usual x-small was no longer suitable for him. At nine weeks, he is up to 5.3 pounds. He is so lovable and make Artie and I smile for hours!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment