Thursday, September 13, 2012

We're Engaged!!!

One month ago today, my handsome did the unexpected!!! But first, the events leading up to the BIG EVENT!!!


Artie was working Saturday night, August 11th, 2012. I stayed up with the boys and watched P.S I Love You. By the way, this is an amazing movie for those that have not seen it. The movie ended about 3am and I finally drifted off to sleep. At about 7am Sunday morning, I get a call from work. They were short that morning and needed help. I agreed (I think I was still asleep when I answered which is how I was conned lol) and called Artie to tell him I was heading into work. Normally, I work a twelve hour shift. Upon agreeing to that morning, I let them know we had a soccer game that night which we were already committed to and would have to leave early. My job said it would be fine.

Yes, Artie and I are in a co-ed soccer league with some of the most amazing individuals. We play to win but at the same time, have a blast nonetheless. 


We are Dolls and Balls III. <3

We were slammed that day and didn't have much downtime at work. I left at 5pm and hauled butt home to change and get our stuff ready for the game. We made it to the game and went head to head with our opponents, Growling Trout. Twenty five minutes into the game, I began to feel light headed and my team mates were starting to sound like Charlie Brown!! Uh-oh!! I knew where this was going so I stumbled off to the sidelines and sat out. I was determined to come back after halftime but Artie insisted I take it easy and rest up. It would not be good if we both had to leave to the hospital he stated. True fact. Fine, I sat out and cheered instead. After the game, he asked "Do you just want to go home?" 

Oh, I might have prefaced that we had plans to go and watch the Perseid Meteor Shower that night after the game. I told him I was fine and we could go. We had brought our lawn chairs and firewood to make a bonfire, so that would be relaxing and a wonderful date night. 

We headed out to Surfside Beach in Galveston and set up our equipment. Artie got the bonfire going and within twenty minutes....zzzzzzzzz!!!

Yup!!! I fell asleep!!! I was so exhausted!! I woke up periodically and caught sight of the beautiful sky with shooting stars. It was breath taking especially since I had never witnessed such an event. I was so excited when I caught sight of my first one!! I ended up taking a power nap of about 2 hours with small breaks in between. Finally, I woke up and began to truly enjoy this amazing night. Artie and I had coffee and snacks. I should have known something was up his sleeve however, because he was soooooo nervous and yet I had no clue!!! At about 4am, he threw more firewood onto the fire and sat on the edge of his chair. He turned towards me and began his flawless speech. He got down on one knee and says "Claudia, will you marry me?" This is why some times it is good that a woman knows this is going to happen because what comes out of my mouth instinctively instead of some sweet speech is "Are you shitting me?!" "You don't have a ring?!" ::high pitch squeal "OMG YOU HAVE A RING?!?!?" and the waterworks began!!!!

I actually said a something else initially LOL


Our ultimate pinky promise being made <3

After a fresh manicure :-)


Co workers threw a surprise engagement party <3





I could not be happier to be marrying this man!! Not only is he my best friend, he is truly my soul mate!! Life gave us the toughest challenge yet these past two years and I'd like to think, we passed with flying colors. He never left my side at a time where many could have easily turned a cheek and left. He makes me a better person and loves me unconditionally.  He brings a smile to my face unlike anyone else. 

I feel blessed to also be joining such an amazing family. I can not wait to be a Rojas!!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment