Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pre-Holiday Catch-up

Since our engagement, it seems life has picked up its pace on zooming by!! LOL We began wedding preparations almost immediately because we want to enjoy our engagement with as little stress as possible!! We have selected our venue, DJ, photographer, and most importantly, have secured THE DRESS!!! Wish I could post a sneak peak but can't risk the soon-to-be hubby snagging a peak!! 
Venue Shopping
We have also taken our engagement pictures as well and could not be happier with the results!! Jackie Ray did our friend's wedding back in April and I was so in love with her work!! She captured every moment so exquisitely and even if one did not attend the wedding, one could feel the emotion in each snapshot as if present. We met with Jackie and when we discovered, she was available for our big day, we were beyond stoked!!

Since we are having a fall wedding, we fell in love with the idea of having fall engagement pictures as well (we are funny that way lol). Initially,we had wanted our engagement shoot at Dewberry Farm however, Mother Nature had different plans for that day. Rain and an overcast sky was in store for us instead. We, of course, rescheduled for another day. On October 24, 2012, we ventured towards a park out in The Woodlands. Jackie knew this little secret area for us to shoot in Cattail Park. We found a perfect little clearing and had one of the most fun experiences ever!! It was a little nerve wrecking initially for neither Artie and I had done this before but Jackie eased us into it and made it so memorable. Here is a sneak peak of some of our favorites:















Isn't my handsome gorgeous?! ;-)
Ok Ok!! Enough wedding jibber jabber for the moment :-)

On the weekend of October 27th, Artie's sister and hubby threw a Halloween bash at their house. She went above and beyond decorating for this party!! It was so creepy and spooky!! Absolutely perfect for the event. Artie came up with the idea of us being Wall-e and Eve for Halloween. Now let me preface this project by stating that my creativity level, when it comes to this sort of stuff, is close to nonexistent. I can follow a pattern or do something if told, but for my brain to conjure this up alone...well, not going to happen. Never fear, Artie to the rescue!! When I say he did an amazing job, well, see for yourself!!

Isn't he awesome?! <3

Wall-e and his Eve
Another awesome event that occurred in October, was that we scratched something off of Artie's bucket list. We went and saw The Red Hot Chili Peppers in concert!!! Easily, the most amazing concert attended to date EVER!!! Those guys still have so much energy that frankly, I think, it puts me to shame!! I can barely keep up with 80/90 minutes of soccer!! LOL

RHCP at the Toyota Center 10-20-12
For those wanting a food update: I am a HUGE fan of Chinese take out!! I mean, who isn't?! However, sometimes health wise, it probably, isn't the best choice to eat out period. I always say cooking at home, beats any kind of cooking because you know EXACTLY what is going into your body. You can cut down on sodium content and tweak it to fit your lifestyle. With that being said, beef and broccoli, is my all time favorite. So when I stumbled upon this recipe on Rainy Day Gal's website, you can only imagine my happy dance!! Here is my picture of the finished product that I served with steamed rice. You can click on her website and she has phenomenal step by step photos with the recipe to follow!! It is super easy so novice chefs, like myself, have no fear!! 



For the last few years, the Rojas Family has gotten together in Galveston the first weekend of November for the Lone Star Rally. This year marked my second year in attendance. Artie and I are both very family oriented and any chance to see our family is a blessing for us. I keep telling Artie, how did I get so lucky!! Not only did I snag the best man ever, but I am blessed to be joining such a great family. I guess I lied about wedding jabber huh?! lol During the rally, Artie asked his brother to be his best man and he said YES!! Mikey, you better take care of him for me during the bachelor party!! LOL 



Last but not least, the Dynamo are going after another MLS cup this Saturday!! This was us at their game a couple weeks ago. Ever since we started playing with some dear friends in a co-ed league, soccer has become so exciting to me. I enjoyed it before just during FIFA time but I can now appreciate the games a lot more. Wishing some of those skillful moves would transfer on to myself when I take the field but hey, one step at a time ;-)

FOREVER ORANGE!!
My Texans will also battle against the Titans this Sunday to become 11-1!! With a win, we secure our playoff spot!!  This is going to be one hell of a sports weekend!! I can not wait!! :-) And with that, I bid everyone a good night <3



No comments:

Post a Comment