Friday, July 6, 2012

Kitchen Update

Our home needs a little renovating...well, to say a little would be an understatement. The home is an older home that was built in 1982. Mom bought the house in 2001 and from the looks of it, has not had much work done on it since. Mom never got a chance to do the things she wanted with it so we are now renovating it slowly. We decided to start with the kitchen because that wall paper was so awful!! 

Is that not the loveliest wallpaper you have ever seen? lol
Artie turned out to be quite the handyman!! We began with tearing down this wallpaper which turned out to be an adventure in itself. I peeled the wallpaper off, thinking what was the big deal?! It peeled off rather easily and I was thinking I was making good time when Artie comes in and looks around. 

Artie: "Babe, you have gone with me to Lowe's right?"

Me: "Yes, why?"

Artie: "What color is sheetrock?"

Me: "Grayish white"

Artie: "So, you still think you've hit sheetrock?"

Me: "Damnit!! lol"

Sure enough, not one, not two, but THREE wallpaper layers awaited me!! It was not fun at all and a lot of work but in the end, we did it!! 

During the process...Isn't my honey handsome?! :-)
We were torn on selecting a good color because the cabinets and the countertops are not being done just yet, so we needed to find a color that would match our blue-ish gray countertops and our current cabinets. We went with a gray color with some blue undertones. Initially, I thought perhaps the blue "theme" was being overdone but it ended looking very nice. Artie and I were both pleased with our choice. 


We also love the bead board look so we added that to the bottom half of the kitchen to add a little extra to it. There is a wooden table in one of the pictures that technically is not in the kitchen but we had a little get-together at the house so disregard that table at the moment lol. This is what our finished product, for now, looks like <3 Hats off to my amazing boyfriend and brother for their help and dedication on this project. 



I also did some work and this is my evidence shot ;-) 


Eventually, the cabinets will be redone by either being replaced or refinishing them. We shall see where the wind blows me on that one. :-) Good night world!!

Be blessed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment